As one of the most popular fourth-generation groups, NewJeans are in high demand and have many brand deals under their belts.
Recently, NewJeans were announced to be appearing in the upcoming edition of Marie Claire Korea in a special collaboration with Canadian outdoor brand Moose Knuckle.
Each of the members looks gorgeous in individual shots as well as the group photos.
On a post discussing the new photos, international fans had a bit of a laugh at the name of the brand. In English language slang, a “moose knuckle” refers to the visible outline of someone with a penis’s genitals when wearing tight clothes.
Korean netizens did not think this was appropriate for the group but for a more serious reason.
According to Korean netizens who reacted to the post, Moose Knuckle is a brand that is known for being worn by school bullies. With how, intense bullying issues are in Korea, it’s easy to see why some would think this was not a good fit for the group.
- The outfits are OK, but the brand is so heavily associated with school bullies now that it’s going to be impossible to turn things around.
- I feel like NewJeans being the ambassadors is going to make it even more appealing to the bullies.
- Still looks like a bully uniform to me.
- It looks like she stole her mom’s clothes in the last picture.
- The f*ck are you talking about?
The group look beautiful in these new shots, but what do you think?
Share This Post